Monday, June 17, 2013

News Update 1

So, my mom called me this morning. Apparently news get around super fast and she wanted me to come out to see her and go for a shopping trip. Superstitions used to say if your house broom fell over you could expect company--I wonder if in this instance her shopping cards started vibrating? That might have been a badly done joke, so we'll move on. It should be noted my mother hails from South Jersey and so make-up, clothes, especially shopping and all things girly are practically instinctual for her. But I grew up mostly in Wyoming so I can't say I really picked up on the knack of conquering malls and making them beg for mercy. And regrettably the make-up I remember her putting on while I was a child wouldn't suit my color palette, this side of the Mississippi, or this decade. So I admitted I was clueless in my last post and my mom being a mom seized on my plea for guidance and has convinced me to do a girl's holiday with her in Branson, Mo around my birthday in August of this year. Malls, hair salons, maybe a spa or something will be involved. We're going to get someone in the big malls to show me how to put on current make-up trends, hair salons might give some body and extra color to my hair, and maybe a mud mask or something might come up in the schedule. There's even huge make-up stores down there which I'm sure will be like walking into a foreign country to me-but, I'm going to do it and my mom's gonna be there with me, for better or worse. Could be good: our relationship has been strained and tense at best these last 5 years and maybe a neutral shopping trip could help restablish or form friendly bonds. You never know. Works in the movies- To Wong Fu, Freaky Friday, just to name a few. And let's face it, it would definitely get me a few steps closer in a shorter amount of time, my budget just can't handle that much change so quickly. So, I'm going to have to start planning and researching so I can have a game plan when I get there. I'll have to find make-ups I want to try, fashions I could be comfortable in and which stores I can find my sizes in, as well as planning my hair make-over. I'm thinking a few highlights or lowlights along with some very loose curls. I'm tired of my straight hair and love it when I take it out the bun and it's kinda spirals all over the place. So I will foster that love and try to love it all the time. Thanks mom for the offer and I'll see you around August! It could be my best birthday yet!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment